Through success in implementing our programs, the organization has decided to open a new branch in kibondo district in Kigoma region. The organization manifest in empowering adolescents and young women to access sexual reproductive health services and fight against gender based violence. The organization aims to provide support to adolescents (in and out of school) to access information and better services on sexual reproductive health. Also, the organization empowers young women and the community to eliminate all forms of violence against women and girls in the society and empower decision making processes from the family level to the national level. Thus, the following below is a report on the progress of activities in achieving this goal;
Activities and Achievements
Empowering Adolescents and Young Women
Programmer officer held a meeting with health specialist (CDS and HIV) and operations assistance at UNICEF (united nations international children emergency fund, In cooperation with governments and non-governmental organizations
(NGOs), UNICEF saves and protects the world’s most vulnerable children, working to ensure child rights and providing health care, immunizations, nutrition, access to safe water and sanitation services, basic education, protection and emergency relief.
In terms of health, EKAMA has a sexual reproductive health and right project, we provided training and provide some material like information materials to adolescents, youth and young women who have children. We work closely with the humatarian organizations as a way of linkages with other organizations, the organization provides nutrition programs and in some cases, have discussions on how they organize concerts in refugee camps and provide nutrition trainin something that could be adopted by EKAMA
Current Program Implemented By Ekama in Kibondo
- Sexual reproductive health and right program , EKAMA provides training and seminar though public meetings and provides information material for youth and young women
- Children open space friendly programe. Includes games for children (in selected school) playing soccer and other game
- . visiting the district office to obtain working relationships with the relevant departments dealing with children and women to get the most current interventions and local partners; permits; also identifying target groups schools and youth groups
- Establishing repour with the local government offices for introduction schools and women’s groups and attending meetings and private discussions on what needs to be done and where possible establish partnership
- Conducting needs assessment
- 6 Establishing permanent office premise for kibondo branch as we are currently sharing premises with another organization
- After obtaining permits from the regional office at Kigoma (RAS), we successfully presented our working permits to the district offices (DED) and (DAS). We were able to obtain the permits, the process took us the entire day. We were also able to establish our work relationship with the officials at the area
EKAMA works with:
We still need donors to facilitate our goals as an institution as we aim to reach the whole of Tanzania and touch the whole community.